LIFE SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAM
Capacity building and empowerment of ALSA BUHAY beneficiaries are essential elements to ensure the effectiveness, relevance and sustainability of the program.
Every two weeks, on Saturday (24 sessions/year), all beneficiaries of ALSA BUHAY Program have obligation to attend a 7 hours training day. In order to reduce the number of drop-out-beneficiaries, PUSO SA PUSO EDUKASYON, INC. has reinforced the formation of its beneficiaries, providing them a holistic program, based on the Personal Development of each one of them and requires also their active participation.
This Life Skills Training Program is based on three different activities:
- the Values Formation conducted by Salvatorian Brothers,
- the Modules of Personnal Development,
- the Art and Talent Workshop.
PARENTS AND LEARNERS AWARENESS PROGAM
The program is meant to enlighten the parents that ALS learning process of their children has a positive socio-economic impact on their lives.
The program consists of six sessions to be attended by parents of the ALSA BUHAY Learners.
- The first part of this sessions feature social and cultural development that makes education an acceptable pathway for upgrading their socio-economic conditions in a family where education is considered a luxury. It is conducted by licensed social workers.
- The second set of seminars is a programme intended to make the parents understand that bringing children into the world has an attendant responsibility for the welfare and development of their children, including making sure they grow to be morally upright and responsible regardless of their economic status in life. This programme is handled by Fr. Artur's group.
- The Program includes also meetings gathering both, parents and learners, on different topics: acquisition of new knowledge on social interaction; parent management (how they can handle their own family, especially their children); process of knowing yourself and how to develop your self-esteem; Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC); activities on specific aspects of children’s rights: survival, development, protection and participation aspects.